The seaside resort of Alcamo Marina is located in the province of Trapani. Situated on the northwestern coast of the island, Alcamo Marina is close to the Ancient Greek ruins of Segesta.
The resort is most famous for its long sandy beaches, clear blue waters, and picturesque Mediterranean landscape, attracting visitors seeking relaxation and seaside activities.
Alcamo Marina - frazione di Alcamo
What are the most popular tours and activities in Alcamo Marina?
- Boat tours: Explore the scenic coastline and nearby landmarks on boat tours, which often include opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing in the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Beach relaxation: Spend leisurely days soaking up the sun and enjoying the pristine sandy beaches of Alcamo Marina, such as Spiaggia di Alcamo Marina and Spiaggia di Castellammare del Golfo.
- Wine tasting tours: Discover the rich wine culture of Sicily with guided wine tasting tours to local vineyards and wineries, where you can sample a variety of regional wines, including the famous Marsala wine.
- Cultural visits: Explore the historic center of Alcamo and nearby towns like Castellammare del Golfo and Alcamo Alto, where you can admire ancient architecture, visit historical sites, and learn about the region's fascinating heritage.
- Water sports: Engage in adrenaline-pumping water sports such as windsurfing, kiteboarding, and jet skiing, offered at various water sports centers along the coastline.
What are the main sights in Alcamo Marina and the local area?
- Beaches: Alcamo Marina is renowned for its sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters, ideal for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports.
- Castellammare del Golfo: A short drive away, this charming coastal town features a picturesque harbor, historic buildings, and stunning views of the Gulf of Castellammare.
- Zingaro Nature Reserve: Nature enthusiasts can explore this protected area, known for its rugged coastline, hiking trails, and diverse wildlife.
- Segesta: Visit the ancient Greek archaeological site of Segesta, home to a well-preserved Doric temple and a theater with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Scopello: Explore the picturesque village of Scopello, known for its ancient tuna fishery, rugged coastline, and the stunning Faraglioni rock formations.
Where should I eat in Alcamo Marina?
- La Playa da Michele: A restaurant that serves seafood and Italian cuisine.
- Lido Havana Beach Bar: Beautiful lido and bar serving fantastic Italian lunches.
- Cafe La Darsena Wine Bar: Great wine bar where the owner will explain to you what fish was caught that day and recommend a good Italian wine pairing.
What are the best places to stay in Alcamo Marina?
- Resort La Battigia Beach & Spa: 4 star Hotel with spacious, air conditioned rooms, swimming pool, sauna and an onsite restaurant.
- B&B Sciuscia: Offering a garden and inner courtyard view, the B&B is only 500 metres from Spiaggia di Alcamo Marina and is conveniently located near to the local restaurants.
- La Casa delle Ginestre: Set in Alcamo Marina and only 700 metres from Alcamo Marina Beach, La Casa delle Ginestre offers accommodation with sea views, free WiFi and free private parking.