The coastal village of Sferracavallo is located in the Metropolitan City of Palermo province. Situated on the northern coast of the island, Sferracavallo is close to the Sicilian capital city of Palermo and the Capo Gallo Nature Reserve.
The village is most famous for its fishing tradition, offering fresh seafood dishes in local restaurants, and its picturesque harbour.
Sferracavallo - frazione di Palermo
What are the most popular tours and activities in Sferracavallo?
- Fishing excursions: Join local fishermen on traditional fishing trips to experience their way of life and learn traditional fishing techniques.
- Scuba diving and snorkeling: Explore the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea and discover colorful marine life and underwater landscapes.
- Coastal hiking trails: Embark on scenic hikes along the rugged coastline, offering panoramic views of the sea and surrounding cliffs.
- Local cuisine tours: Indulge in Sicilian gastronomy with food tours, sampling fresh seafood dishes, traditional street food, and local wines in the village's restaurants and taverns.
- Cultural heritage visits: Explore the historic landmarks of Sferracavallo, including the Church of Sant'Efisio and the Torre di Sferracavallo, a coastal watchtower dating back to the 16th century.