The small coastal village of Punta Secca is located in the province of Ragusa. Situated on the southern coast of the island, Punta Secca is close to the town of Santa Croce Camerina and the UNESCO-listed Baroque towns of Ragusa, Modica, and Scicli.
The village is most famous for its lighthouse and the filming location of the popular Italian TV series "Inspector Montalbano."
Punta Secca - frazione di Santa Croce Camerina
What are the most popular tours and activities in Punta Secca?
- Visiting the Montalbano's House: Fans of the Italian TV series "Inspector Montalbano" can visit the iconic house of the main character, located right on the waterfront. Guided tours provide insight into the filming locations and the history of the area.
- Relaxing on the Beach: Punta Secca boasts a beautiful sandy beach with clear blue waters, perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and relaxing. Visitors can enjoy leisurely walks along the shoreline and take in the scenic views.
- Exploring the Fishing Village: Wander through the charming streets of Punta Secca to admire its traditional Sicilian architecture, colorful fishing boats, and lively piazza. Stop by local cafes and restaurants to sample fresh seafood and authentic Sicilian cuisine.
- Fishing Excursions: Join a fishing tour or hire a boat to explore the waters off Punta Secca. Experienced guides can lead visitors to the best fishing spots, where they can try their hand at catching local fish species.
- Cycling and Hiking: Discover the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside by cycling or hiking along scenic trails. Explore the rugged coastline, olive groves, and vineyards while enjoying panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea.